Using your mobile device: You may be able to download directly to a smart phone or tablet. Choose the correct file format and follow the instructions for your device or audio app to set the file as your ringtone.
Using your computer: To side load and sync ringtones to your phone, follow the instructions below. You'll need your phone, your PC, and a USB cable.
If you have an Apple® iPhone™ mobile digital device, use the download instructions below.
- Download a ringtone file (M4R format) to a directory of your choosing on your computer.
Import to iTunes
- Double click the file to open it in iTunes and import it into the ringtones library.
Sync to phone
- Plug your iPhone into your computer.
- Click on iPhone.
- Click on ringtones tab.
- Make sure that the “sync ringtones” checkbox is checked.
- Click “sync.”
Set as ringtone
- Use your iPhone to set the ringtone as you normally would—either as the default ringtone or assigned to a contact.
If you have another type of phone, use one of the download instructions below.
If you have a cell phone with the Android operating system, use the download instructions below.
- Download a ringtone file (MP3 format) to a directory of your choosing on your computer.
Sync to phone
- Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Set the phone to connect as a Disk Drive. Note: If you are not prompted to "Mount as disk drive," check the Android Status Bar and click the USB connection type. Choose "Disk drive—Mount as disk drive" as your connection type.
- On your Desktop, click "My Computer" and find the disk drive associated with your Android phone. Note: If you see a separate drive for your SD Card, you may use either drive.
- Open the drive and look for a folder labeled "ringtones." If it does not exist, create one now.
- Drag the MP3 file to the "ringtones" folder.
- Safely remove the phone (using "Safely Remove Hardware" for PC or the eject button for Mac) and physically disconnect it to complete the transfer.
Set as ringtone
- On your phone, open Settings | Sound & Display | Phone Ringtone, and choose your new ringtone! (It will have the same name as the MP3 file.) This will set your default ringtone. To assign a ringtone to a contact, follow your phone's instructions.
If you have another type of smartphone, see the download instructions below.
Most smartphones can play MP3 files as ringtones. The process for downloading and installing ringtones to a smartphone may vary greatly based on phone, operating system, and service provider. Check your phone’s user manual or your provider’s website. Download a ringtone (MP3 format).
Some providers may limit your access to ringtones not sold through their site. You can still enjoy the MP3s on your computer!
Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
GEICO has no association, affiliation, sponsorship, certification, approval, or endorsement from any cell phone handset manufacturer or telecom service provider. GEICO’s custom ringtones and download instructions have not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc. or any other manufacturer.