Satisfy your party guests with tasty recipes from the GEICO blog
WASHINGTON, D.C., Feb. 3, 2011 – GEICO reminds football fans who will be focused on the big game between Green Bay and Pittsburgh to serve a lot of safety for the game. For all you party hosts out there, you’ll be responsible for more than chicken wings and beverages – the safety of your guests.
According to the Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) thirty-two states have enacted laws, or have case law, that hold social hosts liable if they serve liquor to people who subsequently are involved in crashes that result in injury or death.
GEICO, along with the I.I.I., recommend the following safety tips:
- Encourage guests to pick a designated driver who will refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Be responsible yourself. Limit your own alcohol intake so that you will be able to judge if a guest has had too much to drink and should not get behind the wheel of a car.
- Provide plenty of non-alcoholic beverages for guests.
- Stop serving liquor at the end of the game’s third quarter and switch to coffee, tea and soft drinks.
- If guests drink too much or seem too tired to drive home, call a cab, arrange a ride with a sober guest or insist that they sleep at your home.
Check out GEICO’s winter weather driving tips for ways to stay safe in dangerous weather conditions, as well. And if you’re planning a party, check out the latest GEICO blog post for some game time recipes to satisfy your fellow partiers.
For more information on safe driving, visit the Auto Safety section on geico.com.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the third-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 11 million private passenger customers and insures more than 18 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
GEICO's online service center helps policyholders take care of policy sales, policy changes, claims reporting and to print insurance ID cards.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for boats, life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.