WASHINGTON, D.C., September 22, 2011 – Several GEICO associates around the country earned Corporate Quality Awards for their work in streamlining policyholder transactions, improving GEICO training and tools, and for saving on expenses.
"GEICO continues to be successful because of all the hard-working associates we have. That’s why every year we choose to recognize our associates who put forth a tremendous amount of effort to make our company even stronger," said Tony Nicely, GEICO chairman and CEO. "The efforts of our associates never cease to amaze us – they continue to impress me year after year."
The following associates and their teams were recognized during recent ceremonies at GEICO’s headquarters in Chevy Chase, Md.:
- Michael Anderson of Dallas, Texas, and Kyle Faulkner of Alexandria, Va., and their team simplified workflows for adjusters.
- Dana Andrezejewski of Wheatfield, N.Y., and her team created better ways to resolve customer complaints.
- Jeffery Argentieri of Tonawanda, N.Y., helped online customers enroll in reoccurring payment plans.
- Michael Blanchard of Brattleboro, Vt., and Mike Conley of Lakeland, Fla., and their team sped up claims handling policies.
- Jeril Chamberlain of Tucson, Ariz., and his team demonstrated "Think Green" by recycling more than 16 tons of office products and participating in Tucson’s street beautification projects.
- Markus Hammer of San Diego, Calif., and his team helped mitigate the expenses of increased state fees for Hawaii policyholders.
- Anthony James of Summerville, S.C. and Jamie Sharp from Waynesboro, Pa., and their team develop new mobile applications.
- Kathy Measley of Tucson, Ariz., and Tiffany Timm of Arlington, Va., and their team simplified online underwriting procedures.
- Joshua Prescott of Bartow, Fla., and Eric Pfleegor of Muncy, Pa., and their team developed new underwriting models.
- Adam Voyce of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, developed a new training model.
- Aaron Wheaton of East Aurora, N.Y., and Francis Velasquez and Christopher Hines of Virginia Beach, Va., developed new software for texting claims information to customers.
- Derek Zappala of Londonderry, N.H., Ginger Babb of Bethesda, Md., and Haig Ardzivian of Huntington, N.Y., and their team created a product to benefit families.
- Anthony Zuvich of Yorktown, Va., and his team developed better underwriting models for power sports vehicles.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the third-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 11 million private passenger customers and insures more than 18 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
GEICO's online service center helps policyholders take care of policy sales, policy changes, claims reporting and to print insurance ID cards.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for boats, life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.