WASHINGTON, D.C., August 9, 2012 – GEICO associates routinely put their collective 27,000 heads together and come up with game-changing ideas that make it easier and faster for customers to do business with the company. Their ideas have led to streamlined policyholder transactions, greater savings and higher service levels.
Because several ideas rose to the top and are now in operation, dozens of associates and their teams earned GEICO Corporate Quality Awards.
Tony Nicely, president and CEO, who presented the awards, said, “GEICO grows and gets stronger because of the associates we have. They provide their dedication, their expertise and their genuine interest in our customers and apply that to every task. I’m very proud of the work they do.”
GEICO’s 2011 Corporate Quality Award-winning teams are:
- Brian Urban and John Vomund of Virginia Beach, Va., led two separate projects that helped facilitate a better experience for GEICO’s military customers at the point of sale.
- Debra Blake of Moyock, N.C., and Bill Loftis of Chesapeake, Va., were team leaders for a group that lowered costs associated with online check payments.
- Jacquelyn Barry and Amy Jackson of Coralville, Iowa, and their team developed an automated process to call up vehicle identification numbers more quickly.
- Sharyl Derenthal of Bayville, N.Y., and her group improved medical billing verifications.
- Steve Kreger of Charles Town, W. Va., Stanley Fong of Alexandria, Va., and James Moore of Rockville, Md., led work groups that developed plans for a new national digital phone system in GEICO’s local offices.
- Amy Clower and Sarah Duckworth-Shinko of Fredericksburg, Va., and their team strengthened customer security with added authentication pages and also created new sales tools.
- Valerie Hennies of Germantown, Md., and Karen Kennedy of Rockville, Md., received a corporate Green Award as part of a team responsible for making the annual benefits enrollment process available to associates online.
- Susan Sissel of Marengo, Iowa, and Brooke Downey of Dallas, Texas, also received a corporate Green Award. Their team assisted customers changing to paperless documents.
- Peter Meoli of Columbia, Md., and Derek Switzer of Chevy Chase, Md., led a project team that sped up online policy transactions for customers.
Earning individual honors were:
- Derrell Burgin of Albuquerque, N.M., who developed a catastrophe management site and supported team training and development initiatives for adjusters working on catastrophe claims.
- Randy Kwiatek of Buffalo, N.Y., who supported and promoted growth by reviewing and updating rating models and rules.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the third-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 11 million private passenger customers and insures more than 18 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
GEICO's online service center helps policyholders take care of policy sales, policy changes, claims reporting and to print insurance ID cards.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for boats, life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.