It doesn't matter if your ride is shiny new or you've had it for a while and can't imagine life without it, buying ATV insurance is the best way to cover your four-wheeler (and you) when you are out on the trail.
Not Sure You Need ATV Insurance?
Not to be a downer, but as an ATV owner, there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind:
- ATVs have a high theft rate.
- Your homeowner's insurance may not cover your ATV if you ride it off your property or if you trailer your ATV to another location.
- If you use your ATV in a state-owned or public park, ATV insurance may be required.
We know that ATV insurance isn't as fun as a little mud slinging, but it's just as important as wearing a helmet. GEICO makes it easy on your budget too!
As An Off-Roader, What Does ATV Insurance Get You?
Wheeling surely gets your heart racing, but what does ATV insurance from GEICO get you? Well, it may not get your blood pumping in quite the same way as hopping on your four-wheeler, but it does help you out if something should go wrong.
Here is a rundown of the coverages included in our customized ATV policy (underwritten by GEICO Indemnity Company):
- Collision coverage – pays for covered damage to your ATV when it hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object. This coverage is available with a $500 or $1,000 deductible.
- Property damage liability coverage – insures you against certain damages caused to someone else's property while operating your ATV and in most cases, provides you with a legal defense for such claims if another party files a lawsuit against you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage – insures you against certain damages if you injure or kill someone while operating your ATV and in most cases, provides you with a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for covered losses resulting from incidents other than collision - such as theft, fire or vandalism. This coverage is available with a $500 or $1,000 deductible and is limited to damage that affects the structure or safe operation of the vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage – in most states you can select medical coverage for yourself and your passengers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorists coverage – insures you against certain damages in the event of an accident that occurs on a public road or highway where you are struck by someone with no insurance coverage or limits that are lower than yours. The uninsured vehicle must be a vehicle that is designed to be insured and registered for use on a public road or highway (such as a car, truck, or motorcycle).
GEICO insures all terrain vehicles as well as most UTV makes and models. We do not insure three, six or eight wheelers or ATVs/UTVs with less than 150 cc's, however.
Get it in gear and start your ATV insurance quote today!
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.