One way to keep your boat insurance rates low is to stay safe. Boat safety brings peace of mind and prevents costly accidents and injuries to you and your loved ones.
- Always carry a Coast Guard approved life vest for each person on board. It's a good idea to have a few spare ones for guests.
- Abide by the local laws, ordinances and signs. Obey the posted speed limits, only take your boat out in areas open to your type of boat and don't jump wakes or partake in other potentially hazardous behavior.
- Go boating with a partner and always let someone else know your route and destination.
- Maintain your boat, trailer and accessories in good working order at all times.
- Check the weather forecast!
- Double-check supplies, fuel and emergency equipment.