Avoid An Identity Crisis
Identity theft protection helps you monitor and manage your credit and protect your identity. ID Theft Protection offers a complete solution including Prevention, Detection & Resolution — all for less than the cost of credit monitoring alone.
Why Do You Need Identity Theft Protection?
Your identity is the key to your assets, finances and life. After all, it’s not your charming personality or good looks that the bad guys are after. Your personal information is vulnerable to being stolen no matter how careful you are. There are countless ways thieves can steal your information, so it’s crucial to protect yourself from ID theft.
Identity Theft May Cost More Than You Realize
In today's information-driven society, your personal information is collected, used and shared in ways that you may not even be aware of. Get peace of mind and and a dedicated advocate who will work on your behalf should you experience identity theft.
- Identity theft costs $37 billion per year¹
- The average identity fraud victim pays $631 and the average identity fraud case is $4,607¹
- The average victim spends 33 hours repairing the damage¹
- 53% of victims report having been denied credit and 12% report having to pay higher insurance rates as a result of the identity fraud²
- DETER: Minimize your risk
- DETECT: Identify suspicious activity
- DEFEND: Recover from identity theft
- ID Theft FAQs
- More identity theft resources
¹ Source: Javelin Strategy & Research 2011 Identity Fraud Survey Report
² Source: ITRC The Aftermath 2009 Study
The GEICO Identity Theft Protection Program, as provided by EA-USA, is not an insurance policy and does not provide any insurance benefits to Covered Members. When you click on the "ID Theft Member Site", "Enroll Online", "Learn more", or "how it compares" links, you will be taken to a site owned by EA-USA, not GEICO.
The above descriptions are meant as general information, do not refer to any specific terms and conditions and do not modify any terms and conditions of the GEICO Identity Theft Protection Program. We encourage you to speak to a representative and to read your plan to fully understand your benefits. The GEICO Identity Theft Protection Program is provided by Europ Assistance USA ("EA-USA").