Thanks for Choosing GEICO for Your Insurance Needs
Welcome to the GEICO family. Thank you for placing your trust in us to handle your insurance needs. Servicing your new insurance policy has never been easier. Sign up for instant, round-the-clock access to your policy or call us anytime. We're here to help!
More about Auto Insurance Coverage Options and the GEICO Family of Products
Our professional agents are ready to make sure you have the coverage you need, whatever that coverage might be. Use the links below to learn more about what protection you need and what we have to offer.
- Auto - We combine low rates with outstanding customer service and fast, fair claim handling.
- Homeowners - Home is where your heart is - along with a healthy chunk of your net worth. Your house is one of your most important purchases, so be sure to protect it. GEICO can help you get great coverage and great rates through the GEICO Insurance Agency.
- Renters - As a renter, you don't need to insure the building, but you do need to make sure your personal belongings are covered. We offer a variety of ways to protect the things that matter most to you through the GEICO Insurance Agency.
- Motorcycle - Our agents are motorcycle enthusiasts just like you, and they're ready to help you with coverage as individualized as you and your bike.
- Boat - Whether your boat is tied to the dock or snug on your trailer, you want to make sure it's protected by all the necessary coverage so that when it's time to hit the water, you'll enjoy peace of mind. GEICO can help you get great coverage and great rates through the GEICO Insurance Agency.
- Personal Watercraft - Perhaps you've got more than one toy for the water. The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you get coverage to protect you, your riders and your toys.
- RV - Whether it's an RV, motor home, travel trailer or camper, whether you drive it or tow it, we know you love the RV lifestyle. And we'd love to help you insure it.
- ATV - We like to get a little dirty on the trail, too. But we also like to save you money. A GEICO ATV policy could bring you peace of mind as you hit the trails.
- GEICO Personal Umbrella Policy - This excess liability insurance helps provide you with protection against catastrophic financial events. We offer a liability umbrella policy starting at $1 million to help protect you and your assets.
- Commercial Auto Insurance - We can help you get coverage for any size fleet of vehicles, from tow trucks to delivery vans and everything in between, all while providing outstanding service and excellent rates. Plus, the GEICO Insurance Agency can help you find coverage for a variety of business operations and business-related property.
Car insurance isn't the simplest thing to understand. Between legal requirements, optional coverage, deductible choices, and different coverage levels, it's not always easy to figure out how to choose the best auto insurance policy for you. So let's start at the beginning. In the simplest terms, auto insurance is an agreement between you and your insurer in which you pay the insurance company a certain amount of money and in return, the company will provide a level of protection and benefits resulting from certain events.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's an unfortunate reality that accidents happen. Even the safest driver can be involved in an incident. Car insurance exists to provide a basic level of protection. Consider it your firewall against economic disaster. It is also required in most states in order to legally operate a motor vehicle.
What kinds of coverage are available?
An auto insurance policy is a package of several primary types of coverage. The variety of coverage may vary depending on the state where you live. The most common types of coverage are:
- Bodily injury liability coverage - pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and in most cases provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage - provides you with protection if your car accidentally damages another person's property and in most cases provides you with a legal defense.
- Medical payments, no-fault or personal injury coverage - usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage - pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage - pays for damage to your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage - pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
Optional Types of Coverage
GEICO also offers a variety of optional types of coverage to ensure you're never stranded. These include:
- Roadside Assistance - For only dollars a month per car, our Emergency Road Service (ERS) offers towing, lockout service, help with flat tires, dead batteries and more. And, unlike a motor club, there is no extra charge for additional drivers.
- Rental Reimbursement - This helps cover the cost of a rental vehicle in the event your car is being repaired for a covered claim.
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance - This coverage picks up where your new car warranty leaves off. MBI will help cover the cost of repairs to all mechanical parts of your car (minus wear and tear on tires, brakes, etc.) for up to 7 years or 100,000 miles.
Login to my policy
"My agent was very helpful. She really took the time to understand my situation. She did a great job and is part of the reason that I stay with GEICO." - Shari P., Maryland
Why do you need homeowners insurance coverage? For one thing, you probably can't buy a house without it. Most lenders require you to have it. But honestly - why wouldn't you want homeowners insurance? Your home is one of your largest purchases. It only makes sense to protect it. The GEICO Insurance Agency makes available a wide range of coverage options. Find out what's best for you with a free online home insurance quote, or call 1-800-841-3000 to discuss your options with one of our licensed insurance agents
How does homeowners insurance protect me?
Fire, theft, accidents... these are the kinds of threats that might cause you to lose sleep if you didn't have the protection of homeowners insurance. Fortunately, a homeowners policy will cover damage to your home and personal property due to a variety of causes (called "named perils" in insurance lingo). The personal liability portion of a homeowners policy even provides coverage if, for example, someone slips down your steps on a rainy day, injures himself, and sues you.
Get a Quote
"Thank you so much. Your customer service has been nothing but accommodating and understanding throughout my terms with GEICO. I can't tell you how refreshing your customer service is compared to what I've otherwise been experiencing." - Brian T., Maryland
Too often, people think their landlord's insurance covers their property, or that they don't have enough property to make renters insurance worthwhile. But take a moment to think about what you own, and what you've got to lose. You've probably got clothes, furniture, a TV, a computer, a mobile phone or tablet, sporting equipment or even jewelry. What you may not realize is that your landlord's policy doesn't cover any of your personal property. Renters insurance can help protect you if:
- Your apartment building burns down
- A thief breaks into your town house
- Someone slips and injures himself in your kitchen
- The home you're renting suffers water damage
Without renters insurance, you may not have coverage for personal property loss or damage. Fortunately, the GEICO Insurance Agency can help you get affordable renters insurance to help protect you in situations like these.
Get a Quote
Our agents are motorcycle enthusiasts just like you. So whether you own a sport bike, cruiser, standard, touring bike, dirt bike, scooter or a sweet custom ride, you can turn to us for great rates and great coverage. With a GEICO motorcycle policy, you get:
- Accessories coverage - if you carry comprehensive or collision coverage, your policy will include coverage for your accessories (coverage amounts vary by state). Accessories may include: saddlebags, backrests, seats, chrome pieces, CB radios, etc. If needed, additional coverage can be purchased. Collision coverage provides protection for your helmet as well.
- Bodily injury liability coverage - insures you against certain damages if you injure or kill someone while operating your motorcycle and also provides you with a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you. We have multiple limits of protection from which to choose.
- Collision coverage - pays for covered damage to your motorcycle when it hits, or is hit by, another vehicle.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage - pays for covered losses resulting from incidents other than collision - such as theft, fire or vandalism.
- Medical payments, No-Fault or Personal injury protection coverage - in most states you can select medical coverage for yourself and your passengers.
- Property damage liability coverage - insures you against certain damages caused to someone else's property while operating your motorcycle and provides you with a legal defense for such claims if another party files a lawsuit against you. We have multiple limits of protection from which to choose.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage - pays for injuries caused by an uninsured driver in a crash that is not your fault.
GEICO has been insuring motorcycles and riders since 1978. We offer affordable rates, 24/7 customer service and fast, fair claim handling. But don't just take our word for it. Current customers rate GEICO motorcycle insurance a 4.7 out of 5! Get a free, no-obligation rate quote today. Simply click "Get a Quote" below or call 1-800-841-3000.
Get a Quote
"My agent was very professional and knowledgeable, and was able to take care of my request fast. He was easy to understand and I was very impressed especially being in the customer service industry myself." - Joseph A., Delaware
Regardless of where you dock your boat, you want to get it protected. A boat policy insures you and your boat against liability and damage in the event of an accident. The types and amount of coverage you receive will depend on the specific boat policy you purchase. The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you find an affordable boat insurance policy to suit your specific needs. Click "Get a Quote" below or call us at 1-800-841-3000.
Personal Watercraft Insurance (PWC)
PWC insurance helps insure you and your personal watercraft against accidents, vandalism, and liability. A PWC insurance policy typically insures you against many common liability losses regardless of whether you operate it yourself or loan it to another person. Find out how The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you get the right PWC policy to suit your needs.
Get a Quote
Regardless of whether you're a newbie RVer, full-timer or snowbird, GEICO's RV specialists can help. So whether it's an RV, a motor home, a travel trailer or a camper, GEICO can help you get it covered. You may even qualify for a multi-policy discount when you insure both your car and RV with GEICO.
Get a Quote
Whether you're hitting the trails or it's parked in your garage, GEICO can help you protect your ATV. And while everyone likes to get a little dirty, everyone loves to save money. An ATV policy, underwritten by GEICO Indemnity Company, could help you do both. Find out how much GEICO could save you.
Get a Quote
"I wanted to write and compliment Victor who I spoke to earlier this evening regarding my insurance policy. He solved a large problem I was having all day with a very logical solution, and I greatly appreciated it. He should be commended for his great work and his quick and logical problem-solving skills, even when it's late at night." - George K., Pennsylvania
Umbrella insurance is extra liability insurance. It is designed to help protect you in the event of claims and lawsuits, and as a result it helps protect your assets and your future. You might be thinking, "I already have homeowners and auto insurance to cover me for these situations." While that may be true, an umbrella policy is designed to insure you above and beyond the limits of those policies. In addition, it may cover some situations that aren't typically covered by the other types of policies you may have.
Here's an example. Let's say you're at fault in an auto accident and the cost of the injuries you cause to others is $500,000. Let's further say that the Bodily Injury limit on your auto insurance is $300,000. Your auto policy will cover $300,000 of the injuries. But who will cover the remaining $200,000? Your umbrella policy will. It will cover the amount above the limit set in your auto policy, up to the limit you choose for your umbrella policy. Now, isn't that peace of mind?
Think of the GEICO Personal Umbrella Policy as an extra layer of liability protection designed to protect your assets, your family, your lifestyle, and your future. That's a lot of protection! Coverage limits start at $1 million and can go as high as $10 million for qualified applicants. Give us a call at 1-800-841-3000 and we'll answer any questions you might have.
Running your business is a challenge. Getting commercial auto insurance doesn't have to be. Choose GEICO to protect your company's commercial vehicles, and you'll get custom-tailored coverage and outstanding service at a great price.
If you ever have a claim, you need to be back up and running fast - before the downtime starts costing you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. GEICO's claim representatives work hard to get your commercial vehicles back on the road fast, so you can get back to serving your customers.
Not only can GEICO offer affordable commercial auto insurance for all types of cars, trucks and vans, but we can also insure vehicles for specialty services, like towing, landscaping and construction. Plus, we'll help you find coverage for your business operations and property, tailored to your company's unique needs, through the GEICO Insurance Agency.
Get your free quote today by clicking "Get a Quote" or by calling 1-800-841-3000.
Get a Quote
Some discounts, coverages, payment plans, and features are not available in all states or in all GEICO companies. GEICO is the third-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States according to the 2011 A.M. Best market share report, published April 2012. Homeowners, renters, boat and PWC coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Motorcycle and ATV coverages are underwritten by GEICO Indemnity Company. The GEICO Personal Umbrella Policy is provided by Government Employees Insurance Company and is available to qualified Government Employees Insurance Company and GEICO General Insurance Company policyholders and other eligible persons, except in MA. Commercial auto coverage is underwritten by Government Employees Insurance Company. In some cases commercial auto coverage is provided through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc., either under an arrangement with National Indemnity Company (NICO), a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate, or with non-affiliated insurers.
The above coverage descriptions are meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, D.C. 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary. GEICO Gecko image © 1999-2013. © 2013 GEICO