You might be pleasantly surprised to find that you may have some degree of control over your RV insurance rates. However, doing so takes a little planning and preparation. Use these quick tips to make sure your RV insurance quote is the most competitive available.
1. Store Carefully. Don't expect to store your RV on the side of the house in hurricane alley and still get the best rates on RV insurance. Where you store your RV matters. Take time to find a secure facility to safely store your RV during off-season or when not in use.
2. Full-Time or Fun. How and when you use your RV may also affect your RV insurance rates. Part-time RVers could end up paying less than someone who spends several months each year traveling in their RV.
3. Discounts. When calling GEICO to obtain an RV insurance quote, be sure to ask about discounts for which you may be eligible.
4. Deductibles. Increasing your deductible is one way to save on your RV insurance premium -- just be sure to set aside the funds in case of an emergency.
5. Stay Safe. As with all forms of insurance, safety pays. Maintain a safe driving record with your RV and regular automobile insurance.
The above-listed tips are for informational use only. Refer to your insurance policy contract for specific information regarding your coverages and for actual terms, conditions and exclusions. The above statements are general in nature and may or may not reflect the actual terms of your insurance policy.