GEICO is a strong supporter of American Military troops during peace time as well as war time. It's a special focus for GEICO that goes back to 1936 when the company was founded.
The company takes special interest in its Military policyholders and provides them with a full program of auto insurance products and services. Members of GEICO's Military Team—all Military retirees—are on the job to develop discount programs and service options that can best serve U.S. troops at home and overseas.
Some Military Program Highlights:
- GEICO offers Emergency Deployment Discounts to Military members when they deploy into imminent danger pay areas (these areas are designated by DOD and approved by Congress).
- In most states, discounts may apply to members of professional Military associations and organizations, including:
- Association of the United States Army
- Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Marine Corps League
- National Infantry Association
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- When military duties require troops to store their vehicles for extended periods of time, GEICO can suspend or reduce coverage for the duration.
- GEICO's Military Center in Virginia Beach, Va., is dedicated to serving active duty, guard, reserve, and retired Military personnel and their families.
- GEICO operates offices worldwide to assist Military and government employees serving abroad.
Military Service Awards
Each year, GEICO sponsors the GEICO Military Service Awards to honor members of the Military for their contributions toward drug and alcohol abuse prevention, fire safety and fire prevention or traffic safety and accident prevention. Award recipients are honored during special ceremonies in Washington, D.C. each spring. These honorees are flown to Washington from wherever they are serving and GEICO presents them with a cash award.
GEICO Federal/Military Scholarship Program
GEICO has established a scholarship program at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) for the spouses and children of federal and Military service members.
Eligibility requirements for the GEICO Federal/Military Scholarship:
- Open to spouses and children of federal employees grades GS-1 through GS-15, and all active-duty enlisted Military members
- Undergraduate students only
- Students who demonstrate financial need
- Students with a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester
For more information visit umuc.edu.