If the legendary Griswolds could choose anywhere for their family vacation, they might abandon their station wagon and drive a recreational vehicle straight to New York. New York has some of the most scenic and historic roadways in the country. It also has 200,000 registered recreational vehicles so ‘Clark’ and his family would have plenty of company at any of the state’s 300 plus RV campgrounds.
And if the Griswolds were covered by GEICO, they’d have GEICO’s specialized RV team to help them with service and any of the other Griswold-like situations that might pop up.
GEICO introduced its specialty RV insurance coverage for New York RV owners on April 22, just in time for the spring and summer travel season.
GEICO's New Specialty RV product includes coverage for the contents of the RV, vacation liability protection, as well as an emergency expense allowance in the event of an accident while traveling. Here's a listing of GEICO RV insurance options:
- Total Loss Replacement – provides you with a new, comparably-equipped RV if your RV is totaled within its first five model years. Once five years old or older, this coverage pays the original purchase price of the RV.
- Replacement Cost Personal Effects – pays for the replacement of your personal items in your RV that resulted from a covered loss. $5,000 of Replacement Cost Personal Effects coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
- Vacation Liability – pays for Bodily Injury and Property Damage losses that occur at your vacation site. $10,000 of Vacation Liability coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
- Emergency Expense Coverage – pays your expenses for hotels and transportation due to a covered loss. $1,000 of Emergency Expense coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
- Special Windshield Deductible – charges nothing for RV windshield repair, and $50 for RV windshield replacement.
- Recreational Vehicle Medical Payments Coverage – pays the cost for necessary medical treatment that is caused by an RV accident, regardless of fault.
To avoid one of those "Griswold" mishaps, always perform regular maintenance on your RV, inspect your RV prior to a road trip, have a backup plan in the event you break down, adjust for frequently changing weather conditions and of course, wear your seat belts.
Steer clear of bumps in the road with RV insurance from GEICO! Call 1-800-909-4246 anytime to speak to one of our RV insurance specialists or request a quote online.