The Last Frontier
Alaska Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of Alaska, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. One way to take advantage of this discount is through an online defensive driving course offered by either the National Safety Council or the American Safety Council.
Completing one of these defensive driving courses offers you the following benefits:
- Discounted price of $19.95 for GEICO policyholders.
- Convenient processing. After successful completion, the course completion number will automatically be sent to GEICO. Your policy will then be updated to reflect the discount.
In Alaska, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older; and
- You have voluntarily completed a defensive driving course that meets the standards established by the Department of Public Safety (Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO General Insurance Company, GEICO Indemnity Company and GEICO Casualty Company drivers).
You may not be eligible for this discount if:
- You have been involved in an at–fault accident or convicted of a moving traffic violation during the policy period.