The Centennial State
Colorado Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of Colorado, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. One way to take advantage of this discount is through an on-line defensive driving course offered by either the National Safety Council or the American Safety Council/United Safety Council.
Completing one of these defensive driving courses offers you the following benefits:
- Discounted course price of $19.95 for GEICO policyholders.
- Convenient processing. After successful completion, the course completion number will automatically be sent to GEICO. Your policy will then be updated to reflect the discount.
In Colorado, if your auto insurance ID card indicates Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO General Insurance Company, or GEICO Indemnity Company, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older;
- You have voluntarily completed a Defensive Driving Course meeting the standards established by the National Safety Council (NSC) or the American Safety Council/United Safety Council (USC); and
- You are not required to carry a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (SR-22).
If your auto insurance ID card indicates GEICO Casualty Company, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older; and
- You have voluntarily completed a defensive driving course meeting the standards established by law or that is otherwise acceptable to GEICO.