Illinois Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of Illinois, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. You may be eligible for the discount by completing and passing a course approved by the National Safety Council.
Eligible courses will include a minimum of 8 hours of classroom or field driving instruction. An online course is not currently available. To find out more about course locations near you, please call the National Safety Council at 1-800-621-6244.
In order to receive the discount from GEICO, eligible policyholders have the following options available:
- Simply log in to your policy online and provide us with the course name, certificate number, and the date the course was completed; or
- Call us at 1-877-206-0215 with the course name, certificate number, and the date the course was completed.
In Illinois, you may eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older; and
- You have successfully completed a defensive driving course meeting the standards established by law or that is otherwise acceptable to GEICO.
You may not be eligible for this discount if:
- You are required to carry a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (SR-22) and your auto insurance ID card indicates GEICO Indemnity Company.