The Pine Tree State
Maine Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of Maine, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. One way to take advantage of this discount is through an online defensive driving course offered by either the National Safety Council or the American Safety Council.
Completing one of these defensive driving courses offered by the National Safety Council or the American Safety Council offers you the following benefits:
- Discounted price of $19.95 for GEICO policyholders.
- Convenient processing. After successful completion, the course completion number will automatically be sent to GEICO. Your policy will then be updated to reflect the discount.
Eligible policyholders who complete a defensive driving course from a source other than the National Safety Council or the American Safety Council have the following options available get their discounts:
- Submit a copy of the course completion certificate via fax to 716-408-9118, attention: "Policy Processing;" or
- Mail a copy to:
Attn: Region 8 Policy Processing
PO Box 9506
Fredericksburg, VA 22403–9506
Be sure to submit the certificate within 90 days of course completion and include your policy number on all correspondence. Once the certificate has been processed, you will receive verification of the savings by mail.
In Maine, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older; and
- You have voluntarily completed a defensive driving course meeting the standards established by the Maine Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Highway Safety. (GEICO Indemnity Company drivers must complete the Maine Bureau of Highway Safety's Defensive Driving Course.)
You may not be eligible for this discount if:
- The insured or any member of the household is subject to a driver license suspension.