The Show Me State
Registering a vehicle?
You have 30 days from the date of becoming a Missouri resident to title your vehicle.
To obtain a Missouri title and registration (license plates) on a motor vehicle currently titled in another state, you must submit the following:
- Title from the previous state or country where the vehicle was titled or Registration Certificate or proof of ownership in accordance with the laws of the previous state or country.
- A signed Application for Missouri Title and License (DOR-108).
- A current insurance identification card (original or copy) or other proof of financial responsibility.
- Statement of non-assessment from your county (or City of St. Louis) collector's office showing you do not owe personal property taxes in the county (or City of St. Louis).
- A Missouri safety inspection not more than 60 days old.
- Identification number and odometer (ID/OD) inspection. All motor vehicles previously titled in another state or country must be inspected to verify the vehicle identification number and odometer reading of the vehicle.
- An emissions inspection not more than 60 days old, if you reside in St. Louis City or the following counties: Franklin, Jefferson, St. Charles, or St. Louis, if applicable.