The Land of Enchantment
Moved to New Mexico?
If you are taking up residency in New Mexico, you must surrender your license from any other state and apply for a New Mexico license within 30 days of moving to New Mexico.
To obtain a license, the DMV will need the following:
- Your Social Security card.
- Proof of identification and age.
- Two proof-of-residence documents.
- Certificate of completion of the "None for the Road" class for those age 18-24.
- You must pass an eye test if you have a license from another state.
To obtain registration for your vehicle, the DMV will need the following:
- Your certificate of title.
- Your current certificate of registration from another state.
- Your odometer reading to complete an odometer statement.
- Proof of New Mexico residency and your New Mexico residential address.
- Vehicle ID inspection certificate signed by a full-time law enforcement officer or by an employee at a local DMV field office.
- Proof of insurance including policy number and insurance carrier name.