The Buckeye State
Recently moved to Ohio? Convert your state title to an Ohio title
If you have the title:
- Obtain an "out-of-state inspection certificate" from any Deputy Registrar's office first.
- Take the out-of-state title and the inspection to any county title office and apply for Ohio title.
- If the title is in two names, you will need two signatures or a power of attorney to represent the one who cannot sign.
If the title is held by a lienholder:
- Get an inspection and proceed to the title office. The title office will contact the lienholder to begin the process of titling the vehicle in Ohio.
If the vehicle is leased:
- Contact your leasing company for their procedures.
- Get an out-of-state inspection completed.