Oregon Registration Information
The Beaver State
Register your vehicle in Oregon if you possess the title:
- Complete an Application for Title and Registration.
- Record the current odometer reading on the application
- If the title is not in your name, provide releases of interest from previous owners on:
- Vehicle Title
- Bill of Sale
- Lien Release
- Choose license plates
- Calculate fees (make checks or money orders payable to "Oregon DMV"):
- Title transaction fees
- Registration fees (most brand new vehicles are registered for four years)
- Plate fees
- VIN inspection fee
- Bring your vehicle and title to a Regular or Full Service DMV office to get a VIN inspection.