The Palmetto State
South Carolina Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of South Carolina, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. One way to take advantage of this discount is through an online defensive driving course offered by the National Safety Council. This course is provided at a discounted price of $19.95 for GEICO policyholders.
In order to receive the discount from GEICO, eligible policyholders have the following options available:
- Submit a copy of the course completion certificate via fax to 305-503-6983, attention: "Policy Processing;" or
- Mail a copy to:
One GEICO Center
Macon, Georgia 31295–0001
Be sure to submit the certificate within 90 days of course completion and include your policy number on all correspondence. Once the certificate has been processed, you will receive verification of the savings by mail.
In South Carolina, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- Your auto insurance ID card indicates Government Employees Insurance Company, GEICO General Insurance Company or GEICO Indemnity Company and you have voluntarily completed a defensive driving course meeting the standards established by the National Safety Council or that is otherwise acceptable to GEICO; or
- Your auto insurance ID card indicates GEICO Casualty Company and you have voluntarily completed a defensive driving course meeting the standards established by the National Safety Council.
You may not be eligible for this discount if:
- You are required to carry a certificate of financial responsibility (SR-22); or
- You have a Driver Training discount applied to the eligible vehicle.