The Green Mountain State
Recently moved to Vermont?
A resident who has moved to Vermont from another jurisdiction must register their vehicles within 60 days of moving into Vermont.
You must provide the Department of Motor Vehicles with the following:
- A completed Registration Application form (#TA-VD-119).
- The title to the vehicle.
- An updated (current) odometer reading.
- Proof of the dollar amount of tax paid on the vehicle to any previous state.
- A "Visual Verification of Serial Number".
- Payment of the proper fees.
Note: If the title to the vehicle is being held by the lienholder you must provide DMV with the full name and address of the lienholder.