The Evergreen State
Registering your vehicle in Washington?
You must apply for a driver license and have your vehicle registered within 30 days of becoming a Washington resident.
In order to register your vehicle you will need:
- For a new vehicle, the Manufacturer's Statement/Certificate of Origin.
- For used vehicles, the current title and registration. If a lienholder holds the title, you will need to supply a fax or photocopy of the title being held by the lienholder, or a letter from the foreign Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Certification that your vehicle has passed a Washington emissions test, if required.
- All registered owners present with personal identification.
- An odometer reading on your vehicle, if your vehicle is less then ten years old.
- Cash or a check for payment of licensing fees and taxes. Credit and debit cards are not accepted at this time.