The Equality State
Wyoming Defensive Driver Discount
If your policy is rated for the state of Wyoming, you could save up to 10% on applicable coverages by taking a defensive driving course. You may be eligible for the discount by completing and passing a course meeting the standards established by the Wyoming Division of Motor Vehicles.
Eligible courses will include classroom or field driving instruction. An online course is not currently available. To find out more about course locations near you, please call the National Safety Council at (800) 621-6244.
In order to receive the discount from GEICO, eligible policyholders have the following options available:
- Simply login to your policy online and provide us with the course name, certificate number, and the date the course was completed; or
- Call us at (800) 841-3000 with the course name, certificate number, and the date the course was completed.
In Wyoming, you may be eligible for this discount if:
- You are 50 years of age or older; and
- You have voluntarily completed a motor vehicle accident prevention course meeting the standards established by the Wyoming Division of Motor Vehicles.
You may not be eligible for this discount if:
- You are required to carry a certificate of financial responsibility (SR-22) and your auto insurance ID card indicates Government Employees Insurance Company or GEICO General Insurance Company.