Children's National Hospital
Fun And Games, With A Serious Goal
Each summer, GEICO departments attempt to outdo one another, for a good cause. Departments compete to see which one will raise the most money for Children's National Hospital. It's a month-long rally of cookie wars, samosa sales, book fairs, and putt-putt tournaments, to name a few. Every dollar raised supports Children's National Hospital in providing expert clinical care, healing programs, and leading-edge research studies. Every year our associates show enthusiasm and creativity supporting this month-long employee-giving campaign.
The 2017 fundraiser included a luau-themed opening ceremony with hula dancers, flame throwers, a silent auction, food trucks and a closing ceremony musical sendoff that featured a rock and roll performance by one of GEICO's own associates. All in all, GEICO raised over $320,000 for Children's National Hospital.
How We Helped Children's National Hospital
Throughout our longstanding partnership with Children's National Hospital, we've been able to support many of their most impactful achievements. In the past year, we helped Children's National Hospital:
- Provide care for nearly 219,000 children
- Achieve recognition in the 2017-18 U.S. News & World Report Honor Roll as one of the nation's top 10 children's hospitals, ranking #1 in the country for neonatology
- Fuel more than 1,100 active clinical research projects in cancer, food allergy, epilepsy, and many other areas
- Provide more than $63 million in uncompensated care—no child is ever turned away
- Open the Bunny Mellon Healing Garden, allowing families to experience the restorative power of nature and enjoy a quintessential childhood activity: playing outside
Learn more about Children's National Hospital.