GEICO honors armed forces with military bike tribute tour
WASHINGTON, D.C., March 28, 2013 – GEICO is revving up the start of the 2013 motorcycle season with a roaring tribute to U.S. armed forces and military personnel. The GEICO military bike tour will roll into the MacDill Air Force Base Airfest in Tampa, Fla., on April 4, and it will end at the Harley Davidson Annual Motorcycle Rally in Milwaukee, Wis., on August 15. The tour will hit military and motorcycle events across the country, many of which benefit military centric charities like the USO.
The GEICO military bike tribute tour dates are as follows:
- MacDill Air Force Base Airfest, Tampa, Fla., April 4 – 7
- Ft. Lauderdale Air Show, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., April 18 – 21
- NASCAR Toyota Owners 400, Richmond, Va., April 25 – 27
- GEICO Military Service Awards, Washington, D.C., April 28
- Langley Air Force Base Air Show, Langley, Va., May 3 – 5
- Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon, Fredericksburg, Va., May 18 – 19
- Charlotte Speed Street Festival, Charlotte, N.C., May 23 – 26
- Patriot Festival and Air Show, Virginia Beach, Va., May 31 – June 2
- Quonset Point Air Show, Quonset Point, R.I., June 28 – 30
- NASCAR Daytona 500, Daytona, Fla., July 3 – 7
- Pensacola Beach Air Show, Pensacola, Fla., July 12 – 14
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Sturgis, S.D., July 30 – August 11
- Harley Davidson Annual Motorcycle Rally, Milwaukee, Wis., August 15 – 18
"Since 1936, GEICO has had a deep connection with the men and women who serve in our armed forces," said Tom Garner, director of GEICO's motorcycle division. "The GEICO military bike tour is a gesture of appreciation in support of our troops. We want them to know GEICO is always here for their military and motorcycle needs."
Designed by Paul Teutul, Jr., from the hit television show "American Chopper," the GEICO military bike features bright chrome accented by deep red and blue and a front wheel in the shape of a gold star. The bike is imbedded with five medallions representing the five branches of U.S. military with the words "sacrifice, loyalty and honor" prominently displayed.
"The GEICO military bike is a great way to honor the sacrifice, commitment and courage of our military personnel," said Michael Baker, GEICO director of military marketing. "The folks at Paul Jr. Designs definitely understand GEICO's history with the military and have done a wonderful job reinforcing how much we appreciate their efforts at home and abroad."
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 14 million private passenger customers and insures more than 23 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.