GEICO recommends key safety tips as hurricane season gets underway
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 5, 2013 – Hurricane season is here and GEICO outlined several hurricane preparedness tips for homeowners, condo owners and renters to help protect themselves and their belongings.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is forecasting an active hurricane season, with the likelihood of 13 to 20 named storms in 2013. After the devastation of Superstorm Sandy last year, GEICO recommends all residents to take necessary steps to prepare themselves and loved ones before a storm hits the mainland.
Below are a several preparedness tips for residents, which can also be found online at GEICO's Auto Safety section:
- Review your emergency plan. Review your plan with everyone in your household and make sure everyone knows about the safest location in the home.
- Check your supplies. Be sure to you have necessities such as water, blankets, first aid kits, flashlights, batteries, radios and any pet care items.
- Set up an out-of-town contact. It's important to have an out-of-state friend or family member as a contact, so they can check on your whereabouts.
- Secure important documents. Make sure documents such as insurance cards, IDs and other pertinent information are placed in a secured water-proof container.
- Figure out your evacuation route. Make sure you know your evacuation route before the storm hits and keep a full tank of gas.
- Be aware of your vehicle's surroundings. Make sure your vehicle is safe. If possible, move your vehicle away from trees or other objects that may damage it in a storm.
- Follow official instructions. Follow all instructions from your local authorities regarding evacuation or other safety procedures. Check radio, television or other media for emergency information.
For more information on how to protect your family, home and vehicle for severe weather, please visit GEICO's Catastrophe Center and Insurance Information Institute website. GEICO policyholders who need to report a loss can go to www.geico.com/claims or contact GEICO's claims team anytime, 24 hours a day, at (800) 841-3000.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 14 million private passenger customers and insures more than 23 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.