Special discounts by GEICO can bring holiday joy for drivers
WASHINGTON, D.C., Dec. 16, 2013 – 'Tis the season to save money and many shoppers across the country are looking for the best holiday deals on electronics, clothing and more. But when it comes to auto insurance, GEICO reminds shoppers about the many discounts that could help them save money on their premiums.
And for those drivers who are already with GEICO, trimming the tree shouldn't be the only activity to do this season. GEICO encourages policyholders to find ways to trim down their premiums and take advantage of the company's offerings.
Auto insurance discounts are based on several factors, including:
- Vehicle equipment – Air bags could reduce your premium, as could anti-lock braking systems, anti-theft systems and daytime running lights.
- Driving history – Although it varies by state, being accident-free for several years could add up to huge savings – especially if driver and passengers always wear safety belts.
- Driver's education – Drivers could save on premiums by taking a defensive driving course. To learn more about this auto insurance discount, see the defensive driving information related to each state.
- Driver affiliations and groups – GEICO provides discounts to members serving the military (active or retired) and to federal employees (active or retired). The company is also affiliated with more than 500 organizations, where drivers could receive a discount if they are a member or employee of one of GEICO's affiliated groups.
- Customer loyalty – If GEICO insures more than one vehicle on the same policy, there's a discount. Drivers may also get a discount if they have homeowners, renters, condo or mobile home policy through the GEICO Insurance Agency.
In addition to auto insurance, GEICO provides motorcycle discounts. Having more than one motorcycle, being a mature rider, and completing the Motorcycle Safety Foundation or Military Safety Course could help cyclists save money on their policies.
Some discounts, coverages, payment plans and features are not available in all states or all GEICO companies. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, D.C. 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary. © 2013 GEICO.
To learn more about GEICO's discounts, please visit www.geico.com/information/discounts.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 14 million private passenger customers and insures more than 23 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.