GEICO kicks off motorcycle season with military bike tribute tour
WASHINGTON, D.C., March 6, 2014 – GEICO is going full throttle this motorcycle season with a roaring tribute to U.S. armed forces and military personnel. The GEICO military bike tour will kick-off at the 2014 Daytona Bike Week Rally in Daytona Beach, Fla., on March 7 and it will end at the Lone Star Motorcycle Rally in Galveston, Texas on Nov. 10. The tour will hit motorcycle and military events across the country, many of which benefit military centric charities.
"GEICO motorcycle wants to do all we can to show our gratitude to the men and women serving in our armed forces," said Tom Garner, director of GEICO's motorcycle/RV division. "The military bike tour is a gesture of appreciation in support of our troops. We want them to know GEICO is always here for their military and motorcycle needs."
The GEICO military bike tribute tour dates are as follows:
- Daytona Bike Week, Daytona Beach, Fla., March 7 – 16
- Leesburg Bike Fest, Leesburg, Fla., April 25 – 27
- Thunder Beach Spring Rally, Panama City Beach, Fla., April 30 – May 4
- North Myrtle Beach Spring Rally, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., May 9 – 18
- Marine Corps Half Marathon, Washington, D.C., May 16 – 18
- Rolling Thunder, Washington, D.C., May 24 – 26
- Patriotic Festival, Virginia Beach, Va., May 30 – June 1
- Americade, Lake George N.Y., June 2 – 7
- Thunder in the Valley, Johnstown, Pa., June 26 – 29
- Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Sturgis, S.D., Aug. 4 – 10
- Milwaukee Harley Davidson Rally, Milwaukee, Wis., Aug. 29 – Sept.1
- Delmarva Bike Week, Ocean City, Md., Sept.11 – 14
- Bike, Blues and BBQ, Fayetteville, Ark., Sept. 24 – 27
- Las Vegas Bike Fest, Las Vegas, Nev., Oct. 2 – 5
- MCAS Miramar Air Show, San Diego, Calif., Oct. 4 – 5
- Pentagon Army Ten Miler, Arlington, Va., Oct. 10 – 12
- Beach Street Biketoberfest, Daytona, Fla., Oct. 16 – 19
- Marine Corps Marathon, Washington, D.C., Oct. 24 – 26
- Lone Star Motorcycle Rally, Galveston, Texas, Nov. 6 – 10
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 14 million private passenger customers and insures more than 23 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.