GEICO Corporate Quality Awards recognize innovation and collaboration within
WASHINGTON, May 5, 2014 – GEICO celebrated new ideas and resourceful strategies at the 2013 GEICO Corporate Quality Awards honoring 15 associates from around the country. Winners were picked from 105 nominees in six categories for their exceptional work aimed at improving not only customer service but internal processes.
The winners stood out amongst their peers for implementing original ideas which created tangible, positive change within the company. At a weekend celebration in Washington, D.C., winners enjoyed a special dinner, tours, a scavenger hunt on the National Mall, and celebratory breakfast with GEICO's president and chief operating officer Bill Roberts.
"New ideas are important to our growth," said Roberts. "GEICO associates are using their expertise and passion to help improve customer experience and the way we do business. Their dedication is commendable, and I am proud of not only the winners but all those who were nominated for their great work."
GEICO's 2013 Corporate Quality Award winners are:
- Catherine Lippmann of Washington, D.C., and Beth Woodard of Macon, Ga., for implementing system changes allowing customers to view all their GEICO policies on one page, using a simple user ID and password.
- Christopher Sions and Brad Foust of Fredericksburg, Va., for creating a mortgage unit to handle all service calls from mortgage companies requesting information from GEICO.
- Julia Rader and Trinni Schreier of San Diego, Calif., and Brooke Downey of Dallas, Texas, for putting standardized processes in place to collect and verify annual vehicle mileage readings.
- Woody Moody of Buffalo, N.Y., for developing a process to expedite payment recovery in certain types of subrogation cases.
- Jennifer Beegle of Washington, D.C., for her team's new approach regarding targeted online ad placements.
- Ari Schreiber of Washington, D.C., for his team's efforts on three total loss process improvement projects which all resulted in increased customer satisfaction and fewer days of rental car usage.
- Andy Kerler of Lakeland, Fla., accepted a Green award for the discount made available to all associates shopping at the Ultimate Green Store which sells Earth-friendly, "green" products.
- Amanda Talbert of Fredericksburg, Va., also accepted a Green award for the Fredericksburg Campus Green Committee which organizes creative initiatives aimed at increasing the region's green efforts.
- Derek Switzer of Washington, D.C., and Jennifer Fore of Fredericksburg, Va., for their team's campaign to ensure customers using GEICO's mobile app were aware they could download policy ID cards for proof-of-insurance.
- Alexandra Stroh in Washington, D.C., for her team's use of responsive web design technology to make GEICO's careers website viewable on any mobile device.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 15 million private passenger customers, insuring more than 24 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.
Contact us 24/7 through our Mobile app, online, or by phone.