GEICO military bike tour rolls into Sturgis, S.D. Aug. 1
WASHINGTON, D.C., July 31, 2015 – The GEICO military bike tour continues its roaring tribute across the country this summer in honor of U.S. armed forces and military personnel.
The next stop of the tour is Sturgis, S.D. on Aug. 1 for the largest and most well-known motorcycle gathering in the U.S., at the 75th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
The tour focuses on military and motorcycle events across the country, many of which benefit military centric charities like the USO. The tour also showcases a custom-built GEICO military tribute bike and a custom-crafted GEICO Gecko bike, designed by Paul Teutul, Jr., from the hit television show "American Chopper."
The GEICO military bike tribute tour dates are as follows:
- SoCal Swap, Long Beach, Calif., August 23
- HD Event, Milwaukee, Wis., August 28 – 30
- Renegade Rendezvous, Dixon, Calif., Sept. 12
- Delmarva Bike Week, Ocean City, Md., Sept. 17 – Sept. 20
- Bikes, Blues & BBQ, Fayetteville, Ark., Sept. 23 – Sept. 26
- Street Vibrations, Reno, Nev., Sept. 23 – Sept. 27
- Vegas Bike Week, Las Vegas, Nev. Oct. 1 – 4
- Miramar Air Show, San Diego, Calif., Oct. 2 – 4
- Biketoberfest, Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 15 – 18
- Love Ride, Los Angeles, Calif., Oct. 18
- American Heat, Palm Springs, Calif., Oct. 23 – 25
- SoCal Swap, Long Beach, Calif., Oct. 25
- Glamis Sand Dunes, Brawley, Calif., Oct. 29 – Nov. 1
- IMS Portland, Portland, Ore., Oct. 30 – Nov. 1
- NorCal Cycle Swap, Sacramento, Calif., Nov. 1
- Lone Star Rally, Galveston, Texas, Nov. 5 – 8
- IMS Sacramento, Sacramento, Calif., Nov. 6 – 8
- IMS Long Beach, Long Beach, Calif., Nov. 20 – 22
- IMS New York, New York, N.Y., Dec. 11 – 13
- Chopper Fest, Ventura, Calif., Dec. 13
- SoCal Swap, Long Beach, Calif., Dec. 27
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 14 million private passenger customers and insures more than 23 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.