GEICO discounts can help you pocket more "green" this St. Patrick's Day
WASHINGTON, D.C., March 17, 2016 – From wearing a lot of green to feasting on Irish cuisine, GEICO says St. Patrick's Day is also a good day to make sure you're putting some real "green" in your pocket by shopping for discounts. After all, more discounts mean more green.
See if you are making use of these discounts that you may be eligible for:
- Safety device: Does your vehicle have anti-lock brakes? How about daytime running lights? In addition to protecting drivers and passengers, having vehicle safety features could cut costs on various portions of your car premium.
- Driving record: Safe driving really does pay off. Drivers who have been accident-free for five years may receive huge savings—especially if they always wear seatbelts.
- Good student: Getting good grades has its perks. Students, who are enrolled full-time with a good academic record, could be eligible for a discount on certain coverages.
- Customer loyalty: GEICO provides discounts to drivers who insure multiple vehicles. Even more, bundling with other policies such as homeowners, renters, condo or mobile home may reduce your premium.
- Group affiliations: Being a member of an alumni association, a recreational or professional organization could qualify you for savings—as well as federal government (active or retired) and military (active or retired) employment. GEICO partners with more than 500 organizations to help members and employees pay less for auto insurance.
To take advantage of GEICO's discounts if you qualify, visit www.geico.com/save/discounts.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 15 million private passenger customers, insuring more than 24 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO's online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.