GEICO says: Don't let your safe driving habits mysteriously vanish into thin air this Halloween
WASHINGTON, D.C., Oct. 26, 2018 – Whether you decide to turn into a vampire, a superhero or a villain on Halloween, don't give up the ghost when it comes to safe driving. GEICO recommends the following tips so the only fright you'll face is the zombie knocking on your door looking for candy.
- If you visit the cauldron for a few rounds of witch's brew, stay out of the driver's seat. Take a cab or rideshare instead, assign a designated sober driver, or take public transportation.
- Take it slow with your horseless carriage. You won't turn into a pumpkin if you arrive a few minutes late. Speeding makes it tough to react to unexpected events like a trick-or-treater darting in traffic.
- While driving on Halloween, keep your phone out of reach, or switch it to silent. Remember to focus on the road ahead, and avoid watching the parade of Halloween costumes everywhere.
- If you hit the streets for trick-or-treating, try not to completely blend into the night sky like a ghost. Wear a reflector on your costume or turn on your smartphone's flashlight feature so cars have a better chance of seeing you.
- Don't pull any Halloween tricks on pedestrians. Always yield at crosswalks, and give those on foot plenty of room to safely make it across the street.
For more safe driving tips, visit GEICO's Safe Driving Resources page.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), the second-largest auto insurer in the U.S., was founded in 1936 and insures more than 27 million vehicles.
To make changes, report claims, print insurance cards and purchase additional products, policyholders can log into their car insurance policy, connect via GEICO Mobile, phone or by visiting a GEICO local agent.
Homeowners, renters, condo, flood, identity theft and life coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. Commercial auto and personal umbrella coverages are also available.
Visit www.geico.com for a quote or to learn more.
Contact us 24/7 through our Mobile app, online, or by phone.