GEICO In The Community
We're a community, inside and out.
Part of our corporate mission is to encourage active, involved citizenship. Members of our GEICO Corporate Community Citizens committee volunteer an average of five hours a week helping worthwhile causes. Our associates read, build, mentor, walk, run, coach—we do whatever it takes to help organizations and people in need.
- Our associates support organizations such as the United Way, March of Dimes and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- We host blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross.
- Our associates volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Toys for Tots, Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity and the Special Olympics.
- We donate coats, toys, blankets and food to local organizations, and participate annually in the Angel Tree program.
- We sponsor walkers and runners during events such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides Walk, the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
- We partner with the United Negro College Fund and the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital.
Highway Safety Efforts
We work with national and local organizations to promote efforts to improve highway safety, and reduce traffic deaths and injuries.
Matching Gifts Program
GEICO will match donations to charities, colleges, and universities, allowing our associates to financially support organizations of importance to them.
Volunteer Service Awards
Each year, we recognize our associates' contributions to the community by presenting the GEICO Volunteer Service Awards. These awards include monetary contributions to the recipients' chosen charities.