GEICO in the Community
We're a community, inside and out.
Part of our corporate mission is to encourage active, involved citizenship. Thousands of GEICO associates volunteer an average of five hours a week helping worthwhile causes. Our associates read, build, mentor, walk, run, coach—we do whatever it takes to help organizations and people in need.
- Our associates support organizations such as the United Way, March of Dimes and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- We host blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross.
- Our associates volunteer for Big Brothers Big Sisters, Toys for Tots, Junior Achievement, Habitat for Humanity and the Special Olympics.
- We donate coats, toys, blankets and food to local organizations, and participate annually in the Angel Tree program.
- We sponsor walkers and runners during events such as the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides walk, the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
- GEICO is a partner of the United Negro College Fund and the Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital.
- We are a proud sponsor of the Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride National Tour.
- Through the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation, we also match donations made by our associates to charitable organizations and colleges.
Highway Safety Efforts
We work with national and local organizations to promote efforts to improve highway safety, and reduce traffic deaths and injuries. We also encourage young artists to enter our annual Safety Contest to help spread the safe driving message and save lives.
Volunteer Service Awards
Each year, we recognize our associates' contributions to the community by presenting the GEICO Volunteer Service Awards. These awards include monetary contributions to the recipients' chosen charities.
2015 Social Responsibility Highlights
We are very proud of the work that we do outside of our office walls! Through GEICO Corporate Community Citizens and other programs, our associates and friends volunteered more than 21,056 hours and participated in 802 socially-responsible events.
- Contributed more than $7 million to the United Way and other charitable causes
- Donated $369,900 to the USO
- Contributed $100,000 to MedStar Health's National Rehabilitation Hospital
- Donated $330,000 to the National Urban League and its affiliates
- Gave more than $2.4 million to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety
- At least 9,240 associates pledged not to drive distracted