Our Hiring Process
Start Your Leadership, IT, Or Corporate Career
1. Search Jobs & Apply
- First, search our current job openings.
- Once you find a job and wish to apply for it, click on the Apply For Job button.
2. Submit Your Application
- A completed application with full work experience and education is required.
- Candidates are encouraged to upload a resume and cover letter, and may be asked to upload a college transcript. When uploading, use Word (.doc) files; we cannot accept .zip files.
- You can submit separate applications if applying for more than one of these positions.
- Applicants for the Management Development and Emerging Leaders Programs should expect to hear back within 48 hours. Those applying to corporate and IT roles should expect to hear back within 48 hours.
- Successful applicants for the Management Development and Emerging Leaders Programs are in process for 31 days, on average. Successful applicants for corporate and IT roles are in process for 21 days, on average.
- Take a look at our tips for submitting your application and tips for creating a cover letter.
3. Interviewing with GEICO
- If you meet the qualifications for one of our current job openings, we'll contact you directly to set up an initial phone screen with a recruiter. This interview could last 30-60 minutes.
- Successful candidates may be invited for additional round(s) of interviews. These may be conducted via phone, video/virtual, or on-site depending on the position.
- Some candidates may be asked to complete job-specific skills assessments prior to an office visit or during an on-site interview.
- Your recruiter will communicate all interview details to you.
- Take a look at our tips for interviewing with GEICO.
4. Background Checks
- GEICO conducts drug screens (hair analysis at most locations) and credit and background checks of applicants who've accepted employment offers.
- All job offers are contingent upon passing the background check process.
- More information is available on our Employment FAQs page.
5. For New Hires
- Most new hires start on a Monday and attend GEICO 101, our new associate orientation program, within the first few days of being hired.
- Please bring two forms of government issued ID with you on your first day.
- During orientation, you'll learn more about GEICO, associate programs and corporate policies. You will also receive benefits information and enrollment forms.
- More information on your first day is available from your recruiter.
- If you have any questions prior to your first day, please contact us.
Questions? We are here to help!
- Check out our tips on creating a personal brand.
- Review our Employment FAQs page if you have any additional questions.
- If you have specific questions about your application or status, please contact us. Please leave a phone number or email address so that we can contact you, and include your applicant ID number, if possible.