Finance & Retirement
We take your compensation and retirement seriously.
Saving for tomorrow starts today, and at GEICO we offer our associates several ways to ensure their futures are bright. Through competitive salaries, merit-based promotions, company profit sharing awards, and other savings options, our associates can build wealth and secure a promising financial future.
Traditional and Roth 401(k) Plans
- There is no waiting period to enroll.
- You are auto-enrolled to make a 3% pre-tax contribution into the plan.
- You can make pre-tax and/or post-tax contributions.
- We offer over 20 investment options through Vanguard.
- Because we're a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary, associates can elect to invest in class B Berkshire stock (NYSE: BRKb).
- You can manage your accounts quickly and easily through the Vanguard Web site.
Profit Sharing Plan*
- This plan rewards associates based on two key factors: policy growth and underwriting performance. Over the last 10 years, GEICO's contributions to this plan have averaged 21.5% of associates' eligible earnings.*
- Your share of any company contribution up to 10% is deposited directly to your 401(k) account. Any profit sharing award in excess of 10% of eligible earnings is paid to you by check.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Care FSA allows you to set aside pre-tax money each year to pay for eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses; a debit card can be used for routine co-pays and prescriptions.
- Dependent Care FSA allows you to set aside pre-tax money each year to pay for eligible dependent day care expenses.
- GEICO offers basic group life insurance at no cost to our associates and optional life insurance at very low rates.
- Our provider offers free will preparation and travel coverage services.
- We provide travel accident insurance for eligible associates traveling on company business.
- Associates may also enroll in voluntary group accident insurance at affordable rates for themselves and their eligible family members.
Associate Assistance Program (AAP)
- The AAP provides legal assistance, debt services and financial consultation to associates at no cost.
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Provides convenient, on-site banking and ATMs.
- Associates can secure their money in insured accounts.
- Home, car and education loans are offered at competitive interest rates.
Matching Gifts Program
- GEICO will match donations to charities, colleges and universities allowing our associates to financially support organizations of importance to them.
*Past performance is not a guarantee of future results, and profit sharing is not a guaranteed benefit.
Benefits may vary for interns and part-time associates.