Finance & Retirement
We take your compensation and retirement seriously.
Saving for tomorrow starts today, and at GEICO we offer our associates several ways to ensure their futures are bright. Through competitive salaries, merit-based promotions, company profit sharing awards, and other savings options, our associates can build wealth and secure a promising financial future.
Traditional and Roth 401(k) Plans
- There is no waiting period to enroll.
- You are auto-enrolled to make a 4% pre-tax contribution into the plan.
- You can make pre-tax and/or post-tax contributions.
- We offer over 20 investment options through Vanguard.
- Because we're a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary, associates can elect to invest in class B Berkshire stock (NYSE: BRKb).
- You can manage your accounts quickly and easily through the Vanguard Web site.
Profit Sharing Plan*
- This plan rewards associates based on two key factors: policy growth and underwriting performance. Over the last 10 years, GEICO's contributions to this plan have averaged 21.5% of associates' eligible earnings.*
- Your share of any company contribution up to 10% is deposited directly to your 401(k) account. Any profit sharing award in excess of 10% of eligible earnings is paid to you by check.
*Past performance is not a guarantee of future results, and profit sharing is not a guaranteed benefit.
Associate Assistance Program (AAP)
- The AAP provides legal assistance, debt services, and financial consultation to associates at no cost.
GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Provides convenient on-site banking and ATMs.
- Associates can secure their money in insured accounts.
- Home, car, and education loans are offered at competitive interest rates.
Benefits may vary for interns and part-time associates.