Time Off & Leave
Time well spent outside the office is important to us all.
We realize that much of life happens outside our office walls. There are holidays, family events, appointments, and emergencies. That's why we've included a variety of leave programs so that our associates can maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Our full-time associates accrue 10 days of paid vacation per year for the first five years of service, 15 days after five years, and 20 days after 15 years. Part-time associates accrue paid vacation time based on the number of hours worked.
- GEICO associates receive six paid holidays and four floating holidays each year. These days can be used to extend a vacation, celebrate another holiday or just to relax.
Sick Days and Leave Programs
- Our full-time associates accrue 10 sick days per year for the first five years of service, and 15 sick days per year after five years. These can be used for their own illness or medical appointments.
- Eligible associates also receive personal leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave.
- GEICO supports our associates who serve in the military, and provides military leave with pay as applicable under our policies.
*Benefits may vary for interns and part-time associates.