Auto Damage Careers
This is not a desk job!
Auto Damage Adjusters are the primary ambassadors of GEICO's renowned customer service. They deliver on our promise to "be there" when customers need us most. Over the course of your career, you may visit auto body repair shops, customers' homes, salvage yards and tow facilities.
As an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee, you will:
- Attend an extensive 10-week training program, including three weeks in Ashburn, VA
- Learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting
- Provide outstanding customer service and efficiently handle case files
- Interact directly with customers while working in a local drive-in location, a GEICO Auto Repair Xpress® shop or as a field adjuster
- Be equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Receive promotions based upon your performance
Insights Into Our Adjuster Training
As a new associate, you will first attend an extensive 10-week training program that is divided into three sections: Introduction to Auto Damage, Basic and Post-school. Training is generally held Monday-Friday, with varying start times.
Introduction to Auto Damage and Post-school training locations depend on the area you were hired. All new adjusters, regardless of location, spend three weeks of Basic School training at our facility in Ashburn, VA. While in Virginia, GEICO pays for your hotel expenses, as well as meals and transportation to and from the training center. This environment fosters a study group atmosphere that helps our trainees succeed!
During basic training, there are frequent exams to assess your knowledge and skills. To successfully complete our training, you'll have to study—a lot. There is a requirement to maintain a strong exam average and graduating from Auto Damage School is required to become a GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster. Once training is complete, you'll be well prepared to launch your career and assist our customers.
We're looking for great people.
GEICO is hiring entry-level trainees for insurance adjuster jobs across the country. Some locations also hire experienced field adjusters or offer a fast-track leadership program with a focus in claims adjusting.
Successful Auto Damage Adjusters possess exceptional customer service, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, as well as a mechanical aptitude and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done! They are highly organized and work well independently.
Benefits & Perks
GEICO offers competitive starting salaries, industry leading training, and a comprehensive Total Rewards Program. Explore the entire program at the page below.
Meet an Associate
Associate Since 2014
What's your favorite thing about working at GEICO?
I value the coaching and mentoring I have received to progress in my career at GEICO. I have built relationships with my coworkers to achieve our goals—they are like family to me.
How has GEICO helped you progress in your career?
I started my career as a Claim Adjuster. After mastering the claim handling process and earning a promotion to Coach, I applied for the Claim Trainer Preparation Program. I am really excited about training associates on how to provide outstanding service to our customers.