How To Apply
All supporting documents must be in JPG or PDF format to upload into the application. You'll need to do the following to ensure all required documentation is ready to upload with your online application:
- Read the program requirements carefully.
- Write and proofread your resume.
- Obtain a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Ask a faculty or staff member to write you a letter of recommendation. You will need the recommender's name and email address. The recommender will need to upload the letter of recommendation via the private link he/she will receive via email.
- Write a 600 to 800 word essay that answers the question: What have I accomplished academically and in my work or extracurricular activities to deserve a GEICO Achievement Award? You will have the option to type your essay directly into the online application, or cut and paste it from a Word doc. You can only cut and paste, NOT upload the Word doc.
- Ready to apply? Start your application!
Looking for some additional advice?
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Proofread your documents carefully.
- Correct any errors in grammar or punctuation.
- Choose a faculty member who knows you personally and can speak to your achievements in his/her recommendation letter.
- Please read our FAQ page carefully, as it includes important information regarding eligibility, requirements, tax implications and deadlines.