The Best Way To Build A Career
Experience GEICO's major insurance operations while collaborating with other interns, receiving mentoring, and developing your leadership skills. Our interns work on a variety of real-life business or IT projects, and participate in philanthropic and social activities, too!
What will you do as an intern?
Depending upon the location, you will spend 6–10 weeks with us to:
- Analyze real business or IT issues impacting GEICO
- Present results and recommendations to management
- Build your leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Get involved in community service projects and social events
- Receive competitive pay for your hard work
- Be considered for a full-time career after graduation
We're looking for students who:
- Have completed their sophomore or junior year
- Are studying Business, Finance, Insurance, Management, Mathematics, Economics, and related fields
- Are majoring in Computer Science or related IT programs for internships in Maryland
- Possess effective communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Have demonstrated leadership potential and intellectual curiosity
- Like to work independently and within in a team
Deciding where to apply for an internship is a big decision and chances are you have some questions.
Watch IT Internship Video
Watch Business Internship Video
Meet An Associate
Garrett – Associate Since 2015
How has GEICO helped your progress in your career?
While in college, I participated in GEICO's Business Leadership Intern Program and early on, observed the friendliness and comradery among associates and management. Now as a full-time associate in the Emerging Leaders Program, I witness the teamwork required to achieve our profit and growth goals.
What's your favorite thing about working at GEICO?
After a successful internship, I received an offer to join GEICO's Emerging Leaders Program. I am now in my supervisor rotation in Customer Service and excited about continuing to learn GEICO's operations and how to be a strong people leader.