Do You Need Powersports Insurance and Not Know it?

Motorcycle and powersports enthusiasts may be familiar with shopping for motorcycle insurance, but what about the college student who uses a scooter to get around campus or the family who just bought a new ATV to go off-roading? There are many situations and circumstances where you might need powersports insurance and not even know it.

Trikes & Hacks

Whether you are purchasing a trike with all the extras or a vintage VW bug for weekend road-trips, insurance is a necessity. Likewise, hacks-or sidecars-may also require specialized motorcycle insurance coverage. Don't assume a sidecar is a mere accessory. Instead, be sure to tell your GEICO representative that you own a sidecar when obtaining a motorcycle insurance quote.

Scooters & Mopeds

Many people think of a scooter or moped as an alternative to a bicycle, but new models have more horsepower than you might think. Generally speaking, a motorized scooter or bike-type vehicle with 50 ccs or more might require motorcycle insurance, but there is a great deal of variation especially with hybrid or electric scooters. Be sure to check with your state and local authorities to ensure your scooter is street legal and complies with other safety standards.

Off-Road Motorcycles & Powersports

Whether you use an off-road motorcycle for cruising the trails or drive a specialized ATV or dirt bike, discuss powersports insurance with your GEICO representative to make sure you have the coverage you need.

The above-listed tips are for informational use only. Refer to your insurance policy contract for specific information regarding your coverages and for actual terms, conditions and exclusions. The above statements are general in nature and may or may not reflect the actual terms of your insurance policy.