Arkansas Registration Information

The Natural State

Moved to Arkansas? Register your vehicle.

The following documents are required to register and title a new or used vehicle:

Arkansas law requires that a VIN verification be performed on vehicles with out-of-state titles that are branded with designations such as Salvage, Prior Salvage or similar designations. The manufacturer's certificate of origin properly assigned to the buyer if it is a new vehicle or the previous owner's title properly assigned to the buyer if it is a used vehicle. An invoice or bill of sale reflecting the full purchased price of the vehicle including any trade-in information.

Odometer Statement. Under federal guidelines, vehicles less than 10 years old must have a fully completed odometer disclosure statement signed by both the buyer and the seller. If the control number on the back of the previous owner's Arkansas title is less than 3003001 or an out-of-state title is being surrendered, a separate bill of sale and conforming odometer statement must accompany the title.

If an Arkansas title is being surrendered and the control number is 3003001 or greater, the bill of sale and odometer statement on the back of the title is sufficient if it is filled out properly and fully completed. A signed copy of the lien contract if you have financed the purchase. Proof from your county assessor showing that the vehicle has been assessed or listed for assessment for the current year. Proof that personal property taxes due by the previous October 10th have been paid. Proof of liability insurance coverage on the vehicle being registered and titled. A current registration certificate, if you wish to transfer the license plate from your previous vehicle.