Kansas Registration Information

The Sunflower State

Need to register your vehicle in Kansas?

You will need to take the vehicle and the title for the vehicle to a motor vehicle inspection station and obtain a Motor Vehicle Examination (form MVE-1) before going to the county treasurer's motor vehicle office.

Take the title, pink copy of the MVE-1 and proof of insurance with you to the county treasurer's motor vehicle office to complete an application for a Kansas title and registration.

Each county has their own mill levy for personal property taxes so you will need to contact the county treasurer's office to determine the amount of fees and taxes due.