Ohio Registration Information

The Buckeye State

Recently moved to Ohio? Convert your state title to an Ohio title.

If you have the title:

  • Obtain an "out-of-state inspection certificate" from any Deputy Registrar's office first.
  • Take the out-of-state title and the inspection to any county title office and apply for Ohio title.
  • If the title is in two names, you will need two signatures or a power of attorney to represent the one who cannot sign.

If the title is held by a lienholder:

  • If your lienholder has your title, you must complete a transfer request and send it to your lienholder.

If the vehicle is leased:

  • Contact your leasing company for their procedures.
  • Get an out-of-state inspection completed.