It’s the season for thankfulness, and boy, are we thankful for cranberry sauce! No longer just a turkey-enhancing side dish for your Thanksgiving spread, now it’s an essential element of the morning-after-Thanksgiving, post-feast recovery breakfast (and a great way to use up some of those leftovers). Enjoy this easy, 15-minute recipe, courtesy of our friends at Tasty.
CRANBERRY FRENCH TOAST ROLL UPS
10 slices sandwich bread, such as brioche or buttermilk
4 oz cream cheese, softened, cut into chunks
1 cup cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
Powdered sugar, for garnish
1. Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin. Carefully cut off the crusts on all 4 sides.
2. In a bowl, fold cream cheese and cranberry sauce together until semi-incorporated, but not completely smooth and homogeneous.
3. Spread a tablespoon of cranberry cream cheese all over the bread, leaving a thin layer at the top of the slice and moving the majority of the spread to the bottom of the slice. Roll up gently from the bottom.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. Coat each roll-up in egg mixture.
5. Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Pan fry the French toast rolls until all sides are golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.