Those of us who own motorcycles know there is little that compares with the freedom of the open road. While most people celebrate a perfect sunny day by simply opening a few windows, we get on our bikes and ride.
Here’s a list of resources for those who appreciate the motorcycle lifestyle:
- GEICO is committed to the safety and security of all motorcycle riders and their bikes. That’s why we offer a variety of safety tips and helpful reminders to help keep you and your bike safe while you’re out on the road.
- Women riders, you’re not alone! There are several websites dedicated to the female rider like WomenRidersNow.com.
- Looking for a motorcycle event to attend? Check out Daytona Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and Myrtle Beach Bike Week.
- Interested in participating in a charitable event? There are countless organizations that offer great opportunities, such as Bikers Against Drunk Drivers (B.A.D.D.), and Bikers Against Child Abuse (B.A.C.A.).
Here are a few tips to help keep you and your vehicle protected:
- Are you an ATV or RV owner? Before hitting the road, make sure that your investment is protected by having your vehicle properly insured. Get an ATV insurance or RV insurance quote with us in a matter of minutes.
- If your bike has been holed up for the winter, consider a thorough spring tune-up. Be sure to carefully inspect the tires and wheels, levers and hoses, lights, fluids, chassis and stand. Don’t forget to make sure your sticker is current.
- Get creative and increase your visibility with reflective tape. A simple strip or plus-sign on the back of your helmet can do wonders. You can personalize it easily with a stencil and a utility knife by creating words, symbols, animals or one-of-a-kind designs.
- For cold mornings and evenings, invest in glove and foot warmers (found in most sporting stores). Foot warmers are designed to slide under your toes and keep your feet warm for approximately 6-8 hours.