GEICO Commercials: Behind The Scenes

The last time you caught yourself giggling at the Gecko, did you wonder about the zany and brilliant minds who create the GEICO ad campaigns? Take a peek behind the scenes and meet the cast and crew who make these iconic ad spots come to life.

It’s Not Surprising: Dawg Show

It’s Not Surprising: Running of the Bulldogs

It’s What You Do: Side Effects (w/Boyz II Men)

For more laughs, subscribe to the official GEICO YouTube channel.

1. Tray patterson says

The latest onslaught of stupid commercials. Has led me to cancel all my insurance. They have been absolutely peaked in the area of stupidity.

2. Joseph Yatsko says

Came up with a good idea for your next Geico commercial. A news announcer saying ” Live from the moon! We see our first astronaut coming out of the capsule and his first step on the moon will be recorded! It will make history! And before he can put his foot down on the dirt, we hear the song from Michael Jackson ” Moonwalk” with Michael doing his moonwalk. “Surprising, Michael Jackson walking on the moon! This would make a great Geico commercial.

3. Betsey Gawve says

Commercial idea?
    Show a few hummingbirds sitting on a branch, bobbing their heads side to side and humming a song together, such as “Colonel Bogey March”.
    “Hummingbirds humming – surprising? What’s not surprising is how much Seals and Crofts saved on their car insurance by switching to Geico”.
    Then, assuming Seals and Crofts are willing to appear, they are shown holding a sign with a number. At which point the hummingbirds fly away.

• Steven KeyMan says

I also noticed that. (George Washington & Man In Car) I landed up here trying to find out. This commercial is genius in many ways.

4. Melissa says

In the Geico commercial of George Washington crossing…is the African American man in the boat by George Washington the same man that is holding the sign of how Mich money he saved later on in the commercial?

5. Frankie Miller says

I think if you added about a dozen or so logs all straight and about the same size that they use and keep running the ones from back to front to keep it moving only reason I say this is I believe they would have had just one man in all them that had common sense enough to think of the easiest way to to get it across the the ground no matter the distance just saying more believable the more the connection unless it’s just totally ment to be unbelievable it would still add to draw more people to actually want to watch it.

6. JJ says

Is there also a way to listen to Geico Radio Commercials? I recently heard the “Big Box Beatbox” Commercial, and I about lost it. I’d love to hear it again but I can’t find it. Let me know. Thank you!

7. Julie says

Commercial Idea 12 days of Christmas.
    Show a scene (front lawn neighbors gathering) where there are all of the gifts in the 12 days of Christmas (lords leaping, maids milking etc). Announcer ” Giving someone all the gifts from the 12 days of Christmas pretty surprising, what’s not surprising is how much you can save on car insurance with Geico. Wife comments how long are the staying, husband shrugs and mumbles I don’t know.

• Mike says

Julie-
      I like it! I see your vision- maybe have their dog barking also, and the fact that the front lawn is not all that big, would result in a circus-like look, with people and animals spilling out onto street!