This summer, kick up your go-to guacamole game by adding a hint of smoky chipotle.
Jen Betts, founder of the food and restaurant blog Food Flaunt, uses chipotle chiles–which can be found in cans in the international foods section of the grocery store–
to make her guacamole pop. “This is not your everyday guac,” says Betts. “The peppers add a touch of heat and earthiness without making things too spicy.”
- 4 ripe Hass avocados, flesh scooped out
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash together to desired consistency. For creamier guac, add 1/2 cup of sour cream.
Read More: 5-star foodie road trips you should plan now