Spring is in the air and it’s time to freshen up your home for the sun and fun of a new season. Here’s our essential chores check-list to tackle when Spring arrives:
Month of March
- Turn your compost pile (or start one!).
- In the garden, plant vegetables for late-spring harvest (such as radishes, peas and broccoli).
- Clean up any debris that collected in your front and back yards over the winter.
- Wash all windows and screens.
- Daylight saving time begins on March 10. Go to sleep early the night before and set all your clocks and watches one hour ahead.
Month of April
- Clean out the garage and your car.
- Swap out your winter-wear and reorganize your closets.
- Wash all your floors and walls, and clean all rugs and carpets.
- Check your deck and other wood structures for rot, and begin any repairs.
You deserve the best protection for the home you love. The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you with top-quality homeowners insurance at great rates. Get a free quote at geico.com.
How do you prep your home for spring? Tell us in the comments below.