THE BEST OF GEICO
No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and Washington D.C., who are 21+. The Best of GEICO Sweepstakes starts 12:00 am ET on December 13, 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on February 5, 2019. Sponsored by GEICO. Void where prohibited. Visit www.geico.com/bestof for Rules & details.
- Timing: The Best of GEICO Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on December 13, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 5, 2019 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Government Employees Insurance Company ("GEICO" or the "Sponsor"), The Martin Agency, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the "Administrator"), and their parent and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively with Sponsor, The Martin Agency and Administrator, the "Sweepstakes Parties") as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are also not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Sponsor, Administrator and Sweepstakes Parties to use your entry information for purposes of administering the sweepstakes and for Sponsor to email you with information about its products. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, when you visit the Best of GEICO Sweepstakes website at www.geico.com/bestof (the "Website"), and submit your vote for your favorite TV Spot (the "Spot"), you will receive the option to follow the prompts to complete the registration form to earn one (1) Entry ("the Entry") into the Sweepstakes. You may vote once per every 24-hour period, but there is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Entries received in excess of the limitation will be void. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entry and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to an account, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
- Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about February 7, 2019, from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawing. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received.
- Grand Prize (1): A 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, CA. Trip includes round-trip economy class air transportation between a major airport near the winner's home to Los Angeles, CA, two-night hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy), $1,400 spending money (awarded as a check to winner only), the opportunity for Grand Prize winner only to participate in a GEICO commercial (the "Commercial") and $1,200 payment in the form of a check via third party payroll service to winner only, in the event winner participates in a Commercial. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is up to $5,000. The $1,200 payment will be fulfilled approximately twenty (20) business days after the Commercial has been taped. All details of the Commercial are in Sponsor's sole discretion and winner must agree to all aspects prior to filming and he/she may need to execute additional documents prior to filming. Sponsor shall own all rights in and to the Commercial and winner agrees that Sponsor owns all rights to the Commercial and all footage contained therein and Sponsor may use that footage/Commercial and use/edit/advertise it as they see fit. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. All applicable taxes related to the Grand Prize are the responsibility of the winner and winner must provide his/her social security number and a 1099 tax form will be submitted on his/her behalf for the actual value of the complete prize. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the Grand Prize. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winner's sole responsibility. Winner will be notified via email and/or phone.
- Grand Prize Requirements: Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID, etc.) in order to travel. Seat selection and timing of trip subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Certain restrictions apply. Grand Prize trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor, tentatively scheduled to take place sometime between March 31 and June 30, 2019 , or prize will be forfeited. In the event Grand Prize winner lives within a 150-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA, round-trip ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided for air transportation portion of Grand Prize. Winner and travel companion (if travel companion is present at the Commercial taping) must wear appropriate attire and act in an appropriate manner (in Sponsor's sole discretion) in order to participate in the Commercial or he/she/they may be ejected from the Commercial with no further compensation to winner. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, tips, meals, ground transportation, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, entertainment and transfers, are Grand Prize winner's sole responsibility. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable or cancelled for reasons out of Sponsor's control (except for cancellation of the Commercial, which Sponsor will not replace and no additional compensation will be provided for that portion of the prize). Grand Prize winner will be responsible for any other costs or expenses associated with the Grand Prize, including payment of applicable taxes. Travel companion must be twenty one (21) years of age or older as of date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Grand Prize winner. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents.
- General Conditions: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return, via email/email link, an Affidavit of Eligibility and liability and publicity release, except where prohibited, within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Grand Prize winner. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Third party payroll service may have additional forms that winner must complete in order for the $1,200 payment to be issued. If applicable, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify winner based on the results of such background check, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification of a winner include, without limitation, any winner having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc. In addition, Sponsor may, for any reason in its discretion, decide not to film a commercial or decide not to broadcast any commercial that is filmed. In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, that Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account where entering or submitted at the time of the submission. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; violates these official rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. The Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a prize.
- Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any damage, loss, expense, injury of any kind, claim or cause of action (collectively, "Claims"), including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize. You further agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any Claim brought or asserted by any third party against the Released Parties due to or arising out of use of your name, persona, likeness and photo or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for, but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winners' name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Winner List: For the name of the winner, available after March 5, 2019, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Best of GEICO Sweepstakes - Winner, 100 Marcus Dr. Attn: EG, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is GEICO, 5260 Western Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815.