No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and DC, who are 21+. The GEICO Sequels Sweepstakes starts 12:00 am ET on December 16, 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on February 10, 2020. Sponsored by GEICO. Void where prohibited. Visit geico.com/sequels for Rules & details.
- Timing: The GEICO Sequels Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on December 16, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on February 10, 2020 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Each day of the Sweepstakes Period will be an entry period (each, a “Daily Entry Period”). Daily Entry Periods will begin at 12:00 a.m. ET and end at 11:59 p.m. ET each day.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Government Employees Insurance Company (“GEICO” or the “Sponsor”), The Martin Agency, Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), and their parent and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively with Sponsor, The Martin Agency and Administrator, the “Sweepstakes Parties”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are also not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Parties to use your entry information for purposes of administering the sweepstakes and for Sponsor to email you with information about its products. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, when you visit the GEICO Sequels Sweepstakes website at geico.com/sequels (the “Website”), submit your vote for your favorite Sequels Star (the “Star”), and click on one of the social share options, you will receive the option to follow the prompts to complete the registration form to earn one (1) entry (“the Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. You may vote once per Daily Entry Period and earn one (1) Entry per person/email address each Daily Entry Period. Entry must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET during each Daily Entry Period in order to be included in that day’s Daily Prize (defined below in Section 5) random drawing only. Entries do not carry forward into subsequent daily drawings. Entries received in excess of the limitation will be void. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Entry and that entrant may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to an account, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Use of any automated computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
- Random Drawings: The Daily Prize winners will be selected in separate random drawings on or about the day after each Daily Entry Period ends, from among all eligible Entries received for each applicable Daily Entry Period. The random drawings will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings. Odds of winning a Daily Prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received for each Daily Entry Period.
- Daily Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) (57 total – 1 per Daily Entry Period): A Sponsor-selected Swag Bag including a $100 movie-theatre gift card and Sponsor-selected branded merchandise. The ARV of each Daily Prize is up to $200. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All applicable taxes related to Daily Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of a Daily Prize. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed above are the winners’ sole responsibility. Each Daily Prize winner will receive a movie-theatre gift card valid at partner theaters in the U.S. Gift Cards are subject to terms and conditions, including expiration dates. If gift card is lost or stolen, it cannot be replaced, and there will be no refunds. If cost of movie tickets is more than maximum value of the movie-theatre gift card, then user must pay the difference.
- Winner Notification and General Conditions: Potential Daily Prize winners will be notified via email and/or phone and will be required to follow the instructions to confirm his/her mailing address and eligibility within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected for that Daily Entry Period and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected for that Daily Entry Period. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the prizes from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation as outlined above. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award Daily Prizes in random drawings from among all eligible Entries received per each Daily Entry Period prior to cancellation. The Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or prizes awarded. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of a prize.
- Release: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Parties, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage, loss, expense, injury of any kind, claim or cause of action (collectively, “Claims”), including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of prize. You further agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any Claim brought or asserted by any third party against the Released Parties due to or arising out of use of your name, persona, likeness and photo or any other rights granted to Sponsor, including any claims for, but not limited to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, right of privacy or defamation. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes each winner’s consent to the Sweepstakes Parties use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Winners List: For the names of the Daily Prize winners, available after March 10, 2020, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The GEICO Sequels Sweepstakes - Winners, 100 Marcus Dr. Attn: VL, Melville, NY, 11747. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is GEICO, 5260 Western Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815.